Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's going to hurt...

'Ello and all that jazz. How fare ye? Good, I do hope. Happy Thursday. And happy July at that. A friend of mine recently asked why I often open with 'Happy [day of the week]', citing his disbelief that there is such a thing as a 'happy Monday'. After making a Garfield joke in my head (I told ya, I'm a dork), I explained my view that we should be happy for every day that we get to take another breath. My saying 'Happy Tuesday' is not a celebration that it is Tuesday, but rather that we both made it to that particular Tuesday. Think of it this way- today is Thursday, July 10th 2008. No one has ever experienced a Thursday, July 10th 2008 before today and they will never hereafter (barring the unlikely invention of a time machine... in which case... fucking bastards. I would like to play with the time machine...). This is your once in a lifetime opportunity to make Thursday, July 10th 2008 the best damned Thursday, July 10th 2008 possible. Good luck with that, and Happy Thursday.

I'm currently finishing getting ready to head out again. I feel like I just got back from Mexico, now I'm headed to LA for a west coast road trip. LA to San Francisco, onward to Portland and up to Seattle before heading back down to LA. Atleast, I think that's the plan. When one has the memory of a mentally challenged goldfish, things get fuzzy. I often wonder if it isn't early onset Alzheimer's. Not a single member of my family has been spared. Maybe I'm unlucky enough to bear the load early. Heaven forbid. Off of this depressing digression, yes?

I've been sleeping so sporadically lately. Sleepless nights and midday naps. Mexico somehow threw off my entire sleep cycle, and I was only in an hour difference. Cali just might kill me. Neh... I have a feeling it's going to be a good getaway, if unwise financially. This recession is really a bitch... that and all this debt. I'm down to rob a bank -- any takers? C'mon... a man can't pull that off alone... not smoothly. Don't you people watch movies? I need atleast another 5. 4 of you might die though, and the remaining one will probably turn on me in some grandiose plan to secure the millions for his/herself... until thwarted by my cleverly planned counter-stab. But we could disregard this knowledge and let it all play out - what do ya say?
Yes. This is what the River Man babbles about at a quarter after 2 in the morning.

Onward with the poemtry. I'll be back on the 20... should have written a bit on the trip. See you then.



Truth(Hope)


He sits,
this man (we shall name
him later) worked to the bone,
atop a small hill
of the greenest grass
imaginable (no, greener)
- learning to fly.
Humming softly a tale
of dragonflies courting the wind (sweet
maiden's breath).
The night sky
black as love
lost and buried somewhere
the mind won't dare venture,
where dear memory
abjures (there are some merits
in forgetfulness).
William sits (as promised, a name)
and contemplates
wings to carry him away, his mother's
voice as sweet as honey
to his ear (she would often speak
in song): "One must either
learn to fly or prepare to fall,
this world won't care
which you choose
when it pulls away
from your feet."
He sits, does William,
on a trembling hill
- the greenest grass one could
never imagine, patiently learning
to fly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on now you can't pause for this long, post some more poems ;-). I really enjoy reading.