Thursday, July 3, 2008

Greetin's peoples of the blog reading variety. I be the River Man, happy. How be ye?
Just got back from Mexico yesterday. I headed down to Merida for this year's ASPB meeting. What is the ASPB, you ask?? Why, that is the American Society of Plant Biologists. Yes, I am that cool. It was a good get away though. The food was horrible. If you are from the Yucatan (which, looking at my stats, I know you're not. All my repeat visitors are New Yorkers. Do I know you all??), I apologize... but it is true. The cuisine of Merida fails to satiate my pallet. What more can I say? Headed to see some ruins while there --Dzi something or another. Very, very cool. I have a fascination with past civilizations. Could have been a History major if it didn't seem so damn boring overall.
Anyway, the River Man has indeed returned to NY. Not entirely happily. But really, what can you do?
I have much to say... but no time to say it. Tomorrow, perhaps. I'm off to organic chemistry. Sleep well, dear readers.



Cutlass


Have you not learned yet, boy?
Wastefully pitching pennies into fountains
and buckets
and every manner of water filled vessel.
Running yourself ragged
with thought
and sick of ink stains.
Descending through the delicate white
of a cloud covering close to her.
Hurrying,
before the sun can consider rising,
to that bench
beside a midtown apartment
to serenade the stars,
seducing them into sending her
a enamoring dream of you.
You really haven't learned yet, have you boy?

No comments: