Monday, April 7, 2008

And the River runeths again...


And so I return. It's been quite some time, aye? Well... in the time away I lost myself... a couple of times. I'm in the process of rebuilding. It should be a while but I have high hopes for the new version of River Man.

I've done a bit of writing. I'll post some of it today. But first I want to post some random thought I typed up about a year ago. I just found it and thought it suitable to post at this time.

To fill in, recently a good friend of mine passed on and it really made me think about where I am going with life. It is unfortunate that sometimes it takes death to remind you of life. This post won't be a poem, just a random thought.




A son, father, brother I've been... an uncle, nephew and cousin as well. A painter, a roofer, a fryer and busboy. A helper, a porter and superintendent. A lover, a patriot and fighter of the good fight. A poet, an author, and dreamer. But I've also been a pothead, a coke fiend, and alcoholic. A pill popper, tab taker, mushroom muncher. A thief, con man, drug dealer. A stickup kid, a gang banger and an animal. Through it all... if I can say nothing else... I can say I've lived. And because of such, I can die a satisfied man. So don't cry when I go: smile because this has been an active and full life; and I'm ready for my rest.

No comments: